We have an opening for a Media Buyer / Planner with 2+ years of experience. If you’re energetic, mature and have experience in the analysis, buying, planning and evaluation of all media platforms, specifically TV, radio, OOH, print and Pandora, this is a ground-floor career opportunity and your chance to blaze a trail at InnoVision! ®.
The Media Buyer/Planner identifies which media platforms would best advertise and represent a client’s brand while enabling clients to maximize the impact of their advertising by performing the following job duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with the client and account team to understand the client’s business objectives and advertising strategy.
- Creates media proposals, including cost schedules, based on the best form of media for specific clients and campaigns.
- Creates, reviews and negotiates annual RFPs for clients, as required.
- Maintains good relationships with media owners such as newspapers, magazines, websites and radio stations.
- Coordinates all media buying on behalf of client.
- Maintains a detailed record of client’s media schedule and budget. Reconciles budget when necessary.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Traffics weekly media for clients.
- Organizes workload for efficient time management and meets multiple schedule deadlines on time.
- Assists team leader and other account & design staff with other related duties and assignments as needed.
- Clerical tasks as needed and/or requested by supervisor(s).
- Effective Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Decision Making
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time and Project Management
- Negotiation Abilities
- Heavy Knowledge of all Media Platforms
- Client and Vendor Relations
- Basic Math Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to Multitask
This position has regular contact with Immediate Peers, Peers in Other Departments, Immediate Manager, Clients and Vendors.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position also may attend off premises client meetings and/or events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
Education and Experience
- An degree in Advertising, Marketing or a related field of study is preferred.
- At least two years of experience in a related position required.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
To apply for this position, please send an email to jobs@teaminnovision with a resume, cover letter and salary requirement included.