We have a full-time opening for an on-site, experienced Web Developer. We operate in an extremely fast-paced environment, so all candidates must work well under pressure and strict deadlines, PLUS have a great attitude.
PLEASE NOTE: we are NOT looking for any freelance or contract web developers. Only applications who are serious about a full-time, in-house position will be considered.
The Web Developer works on a variety of projects primarily involved in website design and development, including designing the user interface and overall customer experience for websites and applications. This includes overall navigation flow, layout of specific pages and backend coding.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build, manage and provide maintenance of all websites and other electronic publications and/or applications.
- Ensure that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by client.
- Work with account team and Creative Director(s) on style and approach for all projects.
- Participate in efforts to improve the quality of websites and other electronic publications as required.
- Keep an organized record of all project files related to all client websites.
- Handles any necessary SEO as requested by client and/or supervisor.
- Stay up to date on all new methods and/or technologies used to develop websites.
- Time Management
- Thoroughness / Attention to Detail
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This position has regular contact with Immediate Peers, Peers in Other Departments and Immediate Manager.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
Education and Experience
- An Associate degree in a related field of study from a two-year college or technical school is preferred.
- At least two to three years of experience in a related position required.
- Strong PHP, HTML5, CSS3 and Front-End/UI skills
- Expertise in WordPress, Shopify and other CMS applications
- Experience with database and e-commerce web functionality
- Proficiency in Apple OSX, Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office products
- Some Java experience is a plus
- Applications with experience in retail and entertainment marketing will be given preferential consideration
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com with a cover letter, résumé, pdf or url of design samples and salary requirement included. Applicants who do not include a portfolio link/samples with their application will NOT be considered.